Ultimate Arms Gear Tactical 4 Reticle Red Dot Open Reflex Sight with Weaver-Picatinny Rail Mount
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Ships from and sold by Tactical Deals
(1006 customer reviews)
Brand New. Official Ultimate Arms Gear Brand. 4 Different Reticle Designs for every Tactical Solution. 7 Brightness Settings. Tubeless Design. 1x Magnification. Objective (mm)-24x34. Unlimited Eye Relief. Multi-Coated Lens. Black Finish. Windage & Elevation Adjustments. Weight-4.2oz. Length-3.25". Wide Sharp Field of View. Weaver-Picatinny Rail BAse-Great For Rifles-Shotguns or Any Weapon with A Weaver-Picatinny Rail. Thermoplastic Lens Cover Included. Battery Included
- Amazon Sales Rank: #3325 in Sports & Outdoors
- Brand: Ultimate Arms Gear
- Model: UAG-4RRS
- Ultimate Arms Gear Red Dot Sight: Tubeless Open Reflex Design.
- 4 Seperate Reticles.
- 7 Brightness Settings.
- Weaver-Picatinny Rail Base.
- Thermoplastic Lens Cover Included.
Most helpful customer reviews
259 of 266 people found the following review helpful.
From a budget-minded competition pistol shooter
By C. W. Sayre
After shooting in Level 1 Production and Single Stack USPSA matches for the last two and half years, I wanted to try out the Open Division using a "race gun" (i.e., a highly tuned, accurate, and expensive pistol with an optical sight, recoil compensator, 28 round mags, etc). But I did not want to spend hundreds of dollars on a Burris or C-More red dot sight, nor hundreds more for a Docter Optic.
So I thought I would give this UAG Tactical 4 Reticle Red Dot Open Reflex Sight a go (FYI: These EXACT same Chinese red dot sights are sold under many, many other brand names at many -- usually higher -- price points).
1. I was impressed with the isolation platform that the Red Dot is placed upon, which helps mitigate some of the recoil and vibrations that might harm the unit.
2. I was also impressed that, unlike some earlier low cost red dot sights, the red-emitting diode itself is not adjusted when you sight your weapon in for windage and elevation; only the isolation platform is actually shifted, which is a much sturdier and repeatable method.
3. Very sturdily constructed of aluminum.
4. The red dot at its brightest setting works just fine even when shooting on a bright summer's day.
5. I liked it that green was NOT included with this sight, since I have found that green on low cost sights is useless, and far too dim to be useable.
6. The selection of four different reticles is icing on the cake, and works great (I find that the cross reticle helps me find the dot much more quickly than just using the dot alone).
7. The mounting screws and mounts seem sturdy, and did not strip-out as some low cost units do.
8. The price is really low!
1. Parallax is always somewhat of an issue with low-cost sights, and probably always will be: While shooting, just try to maintain the red dot as close to the center of the sight as possible.
2. There is a set screw directly beneath the "R" windage adjustment, with apparently no function. However, its purpose is as part of the suspension system for the sight, maintaining an even up/down movement of the red dot as it rides out the recoil, and is comprised of a set screw, spring, and a metal or nylon nubbin. But for some reason known only to the Chinese, they do not use Loctite on these threads. This will cause the entire assembly of set-screw, spring, and nubbin to fly off into the great unknown after a certain amount of shots. (In fact, most people who own these sights do not even know that this assembly is missing, and that only a threaded hole remains.) Do yourself a favour, and Loctite the set-screw and/or use finger nail polish on the outside of the set screw to force it to remain where it should be, which is in the sight and not spread out all over the range.
If this sight keeps holding up to my 1911 9mm and my .22LRs pistols and rifles for another, say, five thousand rounds (and I see no reason it shouldn't), then I will be a happy camper indeed.
182 of 198 people found the following review helpful.
I was a bit skeptical about buying a Holographic Sight with such a low price tag. Wow! I am impressed! This sight ranks up there with the $100+ units! Great bright and crisp reticles, very good quality plating and machining. One noticeable great feature is the ease of changing brightness settings. Unlike other low-cost sights, the detents for the brightness settings were not unreasonably hard and the wheel turned smoothly.
This sight comes with TWO batteries, one installed, and a spare, an adjustment tool and mounting allen wrench, and reticle cover for protection during storage.
If you were unsure, trust me on this one, you won't go wrong at this price!
51 of 55 people found the following review helpful.
For the money, it just can't be beat. I'm in the Army and this certainly is no EO Tech, but the price tag isn't EO Tech either. I mounted this on my M&P 15 and it works like a charm. A little difficult to fire beyond 200 meters, but as a close combat optic, no complaints.